Evergreen Coaches wanted to cover a number of issues on their coaches. These included:
- Reduce on-board incidents by monitoring all passenger areas on their vehicles
- Reduce traffic accident claims by providing video evidence around the vehicles
- Monitoring drivers and passengers to improve communication and disputes
- Monitor other road traffic to reduce down time and lateness
- Reduce the amount of vandalism on their coaches
We implemented a solution which used 4 internal cameras per coach. The system provided a dual capability with regards to viewing video information; firstly the on-board digital video recorder (DVR) recorded all the data on its secure 1TB hard drive. Secondly, the DVR was fitted with a 3G streaming option which allowed the operational team to remotely monitor live video feeds at any time. This remote 3G connectivity provides facilities to view real time recorded footage whilst the vehicle is on route, and to change settings on the system if required.
The system immediately produced outstanding results:
- Supports Driver and Passenger communication in an event of an incident.
- Vandalism on tour coaches significantly reduced
- Reduces traffic accident claims by providing video evidence around the vehicle
- Monitored drivers and passengers to improve communication and disputes
- Monitored other road traffic to reduce down time and lateness